Tuesday, June 9, 2020

HHS Releases $15 Billion for Medicaid Provider Relief

AHCA/NCAL has advocated for the last several weeks for HHS to make provider relief payments to Medicaid providers. Today, June 9, HHS announced the distribution of $15 billion from the Provider Relief Fund to Medicaid providers. We have provided details below on this distribution of funds. These additional resources are critical for providers. We also know that more is still required to ensure the safety of our residents and staff. We’ll continue to advocate on your behalf for the funds and other resources you need.  

Eligible providers include Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance (CHIP) providers that participate in state Medicaid and CHIP programs and have not previously received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund General Allocation.  

How to Access Relief Funds 

On Wednesday, June 10, HHS is launching a Medicaid and CHIP Targeted Distribution Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal. Eligible providers must report their annual patient revenue, which will be used as a factor in determining their payment. The payment to each provider will be at least two percent of reported gross revenue. The final amount each provider receives can only be determined after the data is submitted through the portal. 

In May, HHS made an initial general distribution provider payment to approximately 62% of all providers participating in state Medicaid and CHIP programs, who are also Medicare Providers. This week’s Medicaid and CHIP Targeted distribution will provide relief funds to the remaining 38%.  

This funding will supply relief to Medicaid providers experiencing lost revenues or increased expenses due to COVID-19. Examples of providers that may be eligible for this funding include opioid treatment and behavioral health providers, ICFs/IID, Medicaid-only nursing homes, assisted living communities and other home and community-based service providers. 

Eligibility for Medicaid Allocation 

To be eligible for this funding, health care providers must have not received payments from the $50 billion Provider Relief Fund General Distribution and either have directly billed their state Medicaid programs, or Medicaid managed care plans for “healthcare-related services” between January 2018 and May 31, 2020.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment