A new webpage on the NCAL website offers a one-stop shop for all resources related to interacting with current residents, their loved ones and potential customers. The Customer Relations webpage, housed under Community Operations, also offers member providers the ability to request complimentary, professionally-printed copies of a number of brochures developed by NCAL.
The Customer Relations resources are sorted by major topics, including:
· Choosing Assisted Living – helping potential customers understand assisted living and how to choose a community
· Marketing – to potential customers
· Move In or Move Out – helping residents make successful transitions
· Preventing Fraud and Abuse – like financial exploitation
· Resident and Family Satisfaction – helping providers measure and increase satisfaction
A number of these resources have been developed into professionally designed brochures and are available free of charge to member providers. NCAL’s online order form allows providers to request these brochures, which include:
· Choosing an Assisted Living Community: A Consumer’s Guide
· The Power of Ethical Marketing
· Moving into an Assisted Living Residence: Making a Successful Transition
· Preparing Residents for Moving Out of Assisted Living Communities
· Making Resident and Family Councils in Assisted Living Successful
· Turing Complaints into Compliments
Additionally, Customer Relations includes the NCAL Guiding Principles for Providing Information to Consumers, developed by the NCAL Customer Relations Committee and approved by the NCAL Board of Directors. The guiding principles outline the association’s commitment to ethical marketing practices and full disclosure of information to assisted living customers.