The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program is recruiting for Examiners and individuals to join its Board of Overseers -- two exciting opportunities for AHCA/NCAL members to get involved!
National Quality Award Examiner
Serving as an Examiner is an incredible opportunity for individuals interested in continuous quality improvement. Members who participate as Examiners have a much better grasp of the criteria and can use that knowledge to improve their organizations and/or submit a National Quality Award application. It's also an excellent networking opportunity; Examiners gain professional contacts throughout the country, and make life-long friendships through the program. A serious commitment, both in time and impact to the program, Examiners are required to attend a 3 day in-person training session, before working in teams over a 12-week period to review their assigned applications. Examiners estimate spending 40-60 hours reviewing applications, in addition to required weekly conference calls with their teams. The process culminates with a required in-person review session. AHCA covers the travel expenses associated with all required meetings.
For more information and to submit an application, please visit the 2017 National Quality Award Examiner website here.
National Quality Award Board of Overseers
In addition to Examiner recruitment, the National Quality Award Board of Overseers is also in the process of recruiting for new members. The responsibilities of the 12-member Board are as follow:
- Establish the award criteria and appropriate policies and procedures to administer, promote, and preserve the credibility of the National Quality Award program.
- Evaluate all aspects of the Program, including the adequacy of the criteria and the processes for determining award recipients.
- Assess how well the program is achieving its mission.
- Develop yearly goals and measures.
- Report to AHCA/NCAL Leadership and the AHCA Board of Governors as appropriate.
Elected members will serve a 3-year term on the Board. The deadline to apply is November 11, 2016. For more information and to apply, please visit the Board of Overseers Recruitment website here.