The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is hosting a two-day, in-person Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Provider Training Event in Atlanta GA.
CMS has opened registration for the Skilled Nursing Facilities Quality Reporting Program Provider Training
This interactive training will be held on June 21st and 22nd, 2016, at the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center. Training will start at 8:30 a.m. ET and end at 5:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 21. On Wednesday, June 22, training will start at 8:30 a.m. ET and end at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- An overview of the IMPACT Act and the SNF QRP
- QRP Definitions and assessment types used to calculate Quality Measures
- Detailed explanation of the three quality measures adopted through the Fiscal Year 2016 Final Rule that are scheduled for implementation October 1, 2016 and the Minimum Data Set, Version 3.0 (MDS 3.0) items associated with the measures, including:
- Application of Percent of Long-Term Care Hospital Patients with an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan that Addresses Function
- Percent of Residents or Patients With Pressure Ulcers That are New or Worsened (Short Stay)
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls With Major Injury (Long Stay)
- A presentation on data submission and reporting aimed at helping providers use the tools CMS makes available to ensure providers are compliant with the submission requirements.
CMS states attendees will also have ample opportunity for networking and to have their questions answered and an agenda will be made available prior to the event. Register ASAP if you want to attend as seating is limited.