To offer a unique and fresh perspective, the AHCA Falls Subcommittee, an extension of the Clinical Practice Committee, has created a fabulous week-long event focusing on falls awareness and reduction. Building off of last year’s contribution – A Guide to Managing Fall Risks – the committee has created a week-long series of webinars to support staff and families.
Here’s how it works: Each day there will be several webinars for staff to review. These will include such varied topics as:
- Falls and the Environment,
- What Families Need to Know About Falls,
- How A Good Night’s Rest can Reduce Falls,
- What Leaders Need to Know. . . .and Do,
- Pharmacology and Falls, and
- Overcoming Hot Deficiencies-Falls!
The webinars will be recorded so that you can watch them any time. BUT! The committee has engaged the speakers to be available every afternoon at 3PM (Eastern) so that listeners can talk with that day’s presenters.
The webinar series will occur Monday, September 22nd through Thursday, September 25th. The program will be formally promoted beginning in July. Watch for details!